Point in the right direction

Andrew Reilly andrew-freebsd at areilly.bpc-users.org
Wed Sep 20 21:35:45 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:41:36AM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> "David Godsey" wrote:
> > So I have been combing the internet for information on realtime FreeBSD,
> > but the information is limited.  So there must be some more information
> > out there, but I do not know where to look.  Can someone direct me please?
>
> I'd guessed there was also an embedded list but can't see it at
> 	http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/current/
> Other lists may have related interests, eg freebsd-small & freebsd-ppc
> NanoBSD (& some other small type keyword I can't remember) may  be
> worth searching on

The fine-grain locking and preemption in 6- and -current
*should* be most of what is required to move towards realtime.
Perhaps throw in a different scheduler for good measure.
Having said that, I don't think that anyone is busy doing any
characterisation of worst-case path lengths and lock-holds,
which is the other side of the equation.

--
Andrew