Exiting X: not so much....

J. Altman freebsd at chthonixia.net
Mon Sep 27 14:44:50 UTC 2021

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 10:36:04PM -1000, parv/freebsd wrote:

> After exiting X, I see a black screen too. I can type the commands
> blindly or switch to another tty but cannot verify.

I don't use a virtual box; but re-tried typing blind and it
does not work. The keyboard has no effect.

> During this time, ssh to the VM works as expected; no X11 process are
> running at this point. I can restart the machine via shutdown (either
> on console while blind, or when logged in via ssh).

I can remain logged in over SSH via my LAN; and to my eye no stray
processes are running. The display and keyboard on the desktop
(please see my reply to Kevin Oberman) are not usable.

Thank you for your reply, and best regards,

J. Altman