mariadb server now requires bash?

Veon Ax veonax at protonmail.ch
Tue Mar 30 07:08:34 UTC 2021

Hello FreeBSD users,

During a recent 'pkg upgrade' (11.4-RELEASE) I was informed that 'bash' was to be installed. I am a zsh/csh user and have no intention to install the bash shell. After some trial and error it appears to me that bash is now a runtime dependency of mariadb103-server.

IIRC, bash was also listed after 'make run-depends-list' in the port of the same package.

I am trying to find out why this is the case, and if there is a way around it. But so far my searches have not been successful. Does anyone know?

regards,
Veonax