What the hell starts pulseaudio?!

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Jul 15 05:31:33 UTC 2021

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:35:19 +0000 (UTC)
Rodrigo Readi via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2021, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
>

> > Have you tried setting:
> >
> > autospawn = no
> >
> > in ~/.config/pulse/client.conf ?
>
> No. And I repeat: I do not like that solution. I see no reason for a non
> necessary daemon to start and restart without my will.
>
> If firefox is what starts it, firefox must be fixed.

	It is not firefox as such, it is the pulseaudio client library
which comes into play because firefox is linked with it (it is a build time
option). If you want firefox without the pulseaudio library you can have it
but you'll almost certainly have to build it from source to get a build
without pulseaudio.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>