KDE/Plasma + sddm: graphical login pauses a while, then restarts.

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:47:31 UTC 2021

Hi Graham,

thx for your response:

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 6:26 PM Graham Perrin <grahamperrin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13/07/2021 06:40, Michael Schuster wrote:
>
> > login screen reappears.
>

> This happens if you choose 'Plasma (Wayland)'.

not so, I'm afraid - I've been using X11 all along (I *may* have
inadvertently started Wayland once or twice a while ago before I noticed
the choice)
I know I saw /usr/local/bin/startplasma-x11 in the process list when I
tried this just now - is is possible that something got screwed up and is
trying to start something Waylandish? Where would I check?

thx
Michael
--
Michael Schuster