Goodbye

Tomasz CEDRO tomek at cedro.info
Mon Jul 12 10:57:24 UTC 2021

I will share back my previous response with some update - having
standard bare base OS allows you to do directly exactly what you want
with one environment setup script then perform your work, you need no
GUI for that, just script `pkg install gcc-arm-embedded cmake` then
build your application. Imagine how small and fast this approach is
compared to installing fully featured GUI OS, downloading packages,
etc, but you need to know how to do it - usually it is very similar
across other platforms because you are using the same build tools
among them, if you really want top portability I would consider using
Python + VirtualEnv packages verification - you can run it on top of
bare BSD install over the local/remote shell :-)

Sorry I forgot about BSD portables, but did not use them a lot myself:
NomadBSD: https://nomadbsd.org/
GhostBSD: https://ghostbsd.org/
MidnightBSD: https://midnightbsd.org/screenshots/

We all know your pain - in this day by day more complex and less
coherent computer world - "well it was supposed to work out of the
box", then after some months you start sending patches :-) :-)

https://soundcloud.com/digitals-jpn/computer-world-cover-early

Take care :-)
Tomek