Diskless with 12.x not anymore possible

Dave Cottlehuber dch at skunkwerks.at
Sat Jan 30 10:08:55 UTC 2021

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021, at 17:48, Roderick wrote:

> Is there someone booting diskless?
>
> Since the introducction of the wonderfull, coll lua to the loader I
> get the error:
>
> ERROR: cannot open /boot/lua/loader.lua: no such file or directory
>
> With 12.0 I managed once to boot using the pxeboot of 11.2, but that
> does not work anymore.
>
> Do someone boot diskless?

Rod can you share a little more detail on your setup? Ideally enough that somebody else can replicate it and your issue?

The lua extensions are undeniably cool and also have been in place for over a couple of years now,
enough for this thread https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/lua-error-can-not-open-boot-lua-loader-lua.68635/ to give you a few more things to try and additional info to provide.

Dave