packages to be removed; how to determine port conflicts?

Graham Perrin grahamperrin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 05:47:26 UTC 2021

<https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=pkg.conf(5)#REPOSITORY_CONFIGURATION>

>> At for example <https://www.freshports.org/www/firefox/#packages
>> there are some architecture-specific gaps in the table.
>
> If I look at the page for node14:
>   https://www.freshports.org/www/node14/#
> It shows:
> Runtime dependencies:
>
>         ca_root_nss>=0 : security/ca_root_nss
>
> Library dependencies:
>
>         libbrotlidec.so : archivers/brotli
>         libcares.so : dns/c-ares
>         libuv.so : devel/libuv
>         libnghttp2.so : www/libnghttp2
>         libicui18n.so : devel/icu
>
> If I do:
>   pkg info -d firefox | grep -E
> "ca_root|brotlidec|cares|libuv|nghttp2|icui18n"
> it shows nothing.  Same for each of the other packages noted for
> deletion.
> So I don't understand why it will be deleted.
>
> Gary

If you precede the attempt to install with this, is there any difference?

pkg update -f

Then maybe this:

pkg install --ignore-missing node10

----

Side note (hint): <https://www.freshports.org/www/node14/#dependencies>,
for example, if you like anchoring. There'll be an explanation at
<https://www.freshports.org/faq.php#anchors> in due course.