packages to be removed; how to determine port conflicts?

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Tue Jan 26 04:48:16 UTC 2021

On 1/25/21 12:55 PM, Graham Perrin wrote:
> On 25/01/2021 19:18, Gary Aitken wrote:
>> Attempting to install node.js port (node10, node12, node14), I get this:
>>
>> pkg install node10
>> Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
>> FreeBSD repository is up to date.
>> All repositories are up to date.
>> The following 29 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):
>>
>> Installed packages to be REMOVED:
>>         FreeCAD: 0.18.4_10
>>         firefox: 80.0_3,1
>>         openshot: 2.5.1.236
>>         py37-qt5-webkit: 5.13.1_1
>>         py37-qt5-webkitwidgets: 5.13.1_1
>>         qt5-webkit: 5.212.0.a4_2
>>         thunderbird: 68.11.0_1
>>
>> New packages to be INSTALLED:
>>         Box2D: 2.3.1
>>         c-ares: 1.16.1
>>         double-conversion: 3.1.5.19
>>         node10: 10.23.1
>>
>> Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
>>
>> Installed packages to be REINSTALLED:
>>
>> Installed, Upgraded, and reinstalled seems ok, but removed is a problem.
>> How to tell why they are being removed?  FreeCAD was reinstalled two days
>> ago, so it seems like it should be reasonably up to date.  I get more-or-less
>> the same basic list regardless of which nodexx pkg I try to install.
>>
>> Is this simply a matter of reinstalling after they are removed, or does this
>> indicate an incompatibility which will prevent installing at all?
>
> Please:
>
> uname -a

oops, my bad
11.4-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 11.4-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Sep  1 08:22:33 UTC 2020     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

> grep url /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf

grep url /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf
   url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly",
I don't understand the pkg+ part of that.

> At for example <https://www.freshports.org/www/firefox/#packages
> there are some architecture-specific gaps in the table.

If I look at the page for node14:
   https://www.freshports.org/www/node14/#
It shows:
Runtime dependencies:

         ca_root_nss>=0 : security/ca_root_nss

Library dependencies:

         libbrotlidec.so : archivers/brotli
         libcares.so : dns/c-ares
         libuv.so : devel/libuv
         libnghttp2.so : www/libnghttp2
         libicui18n.so : devel/icu

If I do:
   pkg info -d firefox | grep -E "ca_root|brotlidec|cares|libuv|nghttp2|icui18n"
it shows nothing.  Same for each of the other packages noted for deletion.
So I don't understand why it will be deleted.

Gary