rotate apache logs?

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Sat Jan 2 20:17:29 UTC 2021

It I look at /var/log, many of the logs are rotated.
However, apache logs are not, and I don't see a way in the apache config file
/usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf to do this.

Do each of the programs that rotate their logs have their own mechanism for
doing this, or is there a common mechanism that is used?  I see that the
sysutils/logrotate port is available to do this, but not installed.  It seems
strange that so many programs would rotate but not use a common utility for
that purpose.

Is logrotate the recommended way to rotate apache logs?

Gary