Checksum mismatch for e2fsprogs package

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 15:41:44 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 24 February 2021 11:45:01 GMT Mike Clarke wrote:

> I'm confident there were no checksum errors before I moved /usr/local so
> what have I overlooked while making the move?

Following my earlier post I've compared results with e2fsprogs on another PC running the
same version of FreeBSD and the checksums for all the affected files match on both
machines:

10611 819 /usr/local/sbin/e2fsck
10611 819 /usr/local/sbin/fsck.ext2
10611 819 /usr/local/sbin/fsck.ext3
10611 819 /usr/local/sbin/fsck.ext4

But pkg check reports checksum mismatches on only one of the PCs

curlew:/root# pkg check -s e2fsprogs
Checking e2fsprogs:   0%
e2fsprogs-1.46.1: checksum mismatch for /usr/local/sbin/e2fsck
e2fsprogs-1.46.1: checksum mismatch for /usr/local/sbin/fsck.ext2
e2fsprogs-1.46.1: checksum mismatch for /usr/local/sbin/fsck.ext3
e2fsprogs-1.46.1: checksum mismatch for /usr/local/sbin/fsck.ext4
e2fsprogs-1.46.1: checksum mismatch for /usr/local/sbin/fsck_ext2fs
Checking e2fsprogs: 100%
--
Mike Clarke