Walter von Entferndt
walter.von.entferndt at posteo.net
Sun Feb 21 14:14:13 UTC 2021
At Sonntag, 21. Februar 2021, 13:00:02 CET, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
> [...] The fact that this bug has existed and not been fixed
> for two years certainly does not instill confidence that the FreeBSD
> team can maintain a stable product.
1. The bug history contains a few dozens anwers + questions from hps, Konstantin
Belousov, & mm, showing they're trying hard to fix it.
2. hps kindly offered to ship a machine to him which has this bug, so that he can
3. The wizzards can only fix what they can debug appropiately; their work is mostly
completely voluntary; in contrast, other OS incl. Linux have hundredth of engineers on
their payroll. AFAIK there's only one manufacturer who certifies it's mainboards for
4. It is a well known fact that most, if not all, ACPI BIOS/UEFI implementations are buggy,
and/or the official specs are ambiguous about some topics. Furthermore, the on-chip
USB hub can be buggy.
5. Noone can assert a claim that FreeBSD runs on his/her particular hardware & network
6. Everyone is invited to get a bloody nose & dive into C system programming & DTrace, in
order to help integrating new hardware drivers, tweaks, & bug fixes.
=|o) "Stell' Dir vor es geht und keiner kriegt's hin." (Wolfgang Neuss)
More information about the freebsd-questions