LTO tape and StorageWorks PowerVault auto-changers

freebsd-doc at fjl.co.uk freebsd-doc at fjl.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 14:12:32 UTC 2021

On 04/02/2021 12:19, Casey Scott wrote:
> Amanda may be worth a look. It should support jukeboxes, though my "library" is virtual (file based) tapes but I also use it with LTOs with a non-changing LTO tape drive.

Thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately this question got duplicated on
the list, and this is the rogue thread. Several people have pointed out
Amanda elsewhere, so I'll take a look at it. Amanda appearently uses
autochangers via the Linux mtx utility, which is available as a port. It
seems like another Linux "we can do it better" of the old chio utility,
which has been in base for a VERY long time. I'm going through the
driver it uses (ch), which hasn't been updated since 1998 but does seem
to work, at least to an extent, with several current jukeboxes.
Unfortunately I can't get away with buying a sample of every one on the
market.

As well as looking to refresh the documentation, I may be refreshing the
driver the way things are going!

PLEASE REPLY TO THE OTHER THREAD AS I WON'T BE FOLLOWING THIS ROGUE ONE.

Regards, Frank.