vi editor

LuMiWa lumiwa at dismail.de
Tue Feb 2 23:11:57 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 23:21:48 +0100
Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 05:21:55 -0500, LuMiWa via freebsd-questions wrote:
> > I do not what happened but yesterday when I start typing it doesn't
> > respond on the keyboard immediately. I need to type from 5 to 10
> > times and than start. I never had the same problem in 20 years.
> > For user I have ksh93 shell and root sh but on the both are the
> > same.
>
> A few questions:
>
> Does this delay affect shell interaction already, or is it present
> only in vi?
>
> Does it happen inside an X session (terminal) or at the console?
> If inside X, which input method are you using, and how?
>
> Do you use the system locally or via network connection?
>
> Lagging _could_ be a problem of networking (if networking is
> involved here). But any program generating system load could
> interfere with input processing, so check "top" output for
> any suspicious values. Also try "reset" to get rid of any
> terminal misconfiguration that might have happened.

I am sorry hat I didn't sent an email about my mistake or. better the
keyboard problem. I had the old Cherry which is connected with adapter
to usb port and I had sometimes problem but never with vi.

Please, accept my apologize.

--
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they
have to say something.”

--Plato