Specifying & searching of package flavors

parv/freebsd parv.0zero9+freebsd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 23:15:13 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 1:05 PM parv/freebsd wrote:

> 2- How do specify the "flavor"s for various packages in a file so that I
> would
>   not need to search or specifically have to specify them to pkg tools?

For example, something installed gcc-{9,10} as dependency, which brought in
binutils
for various platforms. If installed from devel/binutils port, it would have
installed
only "native" flavor instead of multitude of other extraneous versions.

So I would have listed "flavor" in some file (ideally suitable for both pkg
& make) so
that when "binutils" would be installed again, only one version^Wflavor of
it would
have been installed.

 - parv