gptzfsboot error

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sun Apr 11 16:02:46 UTC 2021

Hello.

I've converted an 11.4 machine from UFS to ZFS.
The machine boots via BIOS (not UEFI) and has two SATA disks partitioned
with GPT with a zmirror on them

At boot I briefly get the following messages:
gptzfsboot: error 1 lba 4721914626
gptzfsboot: error 1 lba 977724091
gptzfsboot: error 1 lba 977724603
(... lots of other messages like the above ...)
Shortening read at 5721751601 from 16 to -594023507
gptzfsboot: error 1 lba 5721751601

The everything goes on normally and FreeBSD boots.

I searched for an explanation, but didn't find any.
Is this something to worry about?
What's the cause of "error 1"?

  bye & Thanks
	av.

P.S. Initially I had setup the disks myself, but when I saw this error,
I removed them, let FreeBSD's installer prepare them from scratch and
moved them back in. So I don't think I got something wrong.