move zfs geli encrypt mirror to unencrypted

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Wed Sep 16 14:36:18 UTC 2020

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 11:02:51 +0200
xpetrl <xpetrl at beepc.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have a server with 4 disks, 2 zpool are zfs mirror:
>
> - base system unencrypted, partitions (da*p2)
> - data storage, geli encrypted, partitions (da*p4)
>
> We now want to "move" the data storage (encrypt) to unencrypted partition.

	Do you still want the encrypted partitions ? If not the simplest
thing to do would be to detach the encrypted devices (daNp4.eli) one at a
time and attach the unencrypted device (daNp4) in its place, wait for the
resilver and repeat for the other devices in the zvol.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>