OT: proof that Linux is brain damaged

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 20:20:46 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 3:52 PM Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 12:38:40 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated:
> >You are of course free use your system until it becomes unusable but
> >the FreeBSD Xorg team completely disagrees with you on having to make
> >accomidations for systemd even when it isn't technical needed:
> >
> https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2014/XDC2014PedronFreeBSD/XDC-2014_FreeBSD.pdf
>
> That document is dated circa 2014, so I question how relative it is in
> today environment. In any case, there are those who can solve the most
> complex problems in the universe while listening to Johann Sebastian
> Bach and those who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. I think
> it is apparent what we are dealing with here.

Since I have Xfce4 running, on the first try, just fine (which does require
linuxisms) then I am pretty sure you're not referring to me.    But, if you
were I would have to ask why give an answer that begs the question of why
do jerks always have to answer questions?

And if you read the details of the document you will see that the issue was
a generic issue dealing with headerless login (needing to find an
alternative workalike for systemd-logind).   There is no evidence anywhere
that issue was resolved without having to find such a workaround that I can
find.   Also a google search for "systemd" vs. freebsd returns many
articles about the sure chaos caused by