Please help with Apache virtual servers and DNS trouble (I think)

Dale Scott dalescott at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 20 20:50:54 UTC 2020

----- Original Message -----

Ok, thanks.

> I think you need a ServerName directive in your VirtualHost setup, so in the
> above example ServerName mantisbt.dalescott.net. Without that directive my hosts
> don’t work.

My hosts are all working, but perhaps it's because they are inheriting the hosts
directive from httpd.conf.

Now it seems the setup may be ok as-is! I logged into the linux vm and it doesn't
actually have a web server running! It seems vbox didn't modify the original vmdk,
which I take to mean anything written to the drive is kept in a Snapshot, and
snapshots are presumably applied when vbox loads the drive on startup. Could that
actually be how it works?