More package upgrade issues

Patrick Mahan plmahan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:43:23 UTC 2020

I upgraded yesterday from FreeBSD 12.1 to 12.2.  After the upgrade, I
wanted to do a package update (pkg update) and ran into an issue with
nvidia driver.  Thanks to the help from this list, I got past that and
finished the upgrade this morning.

package version: 1.15.10

However, after reboot, my display manager (Slim) would no longer launch my
MATE session.  I went looking via google-fu for a reason and found a
suggestion to do the following:

pkg autoremove -y
pkg update -f
pkg upgrade -f
reboot

During the 'pkg upgrade -f' phase, I am encountering the following issues:

[1114/1114] Fetching 9e-1.0.txz: 100%    5 KiB   4.7kB/s    00:01
Checking integrity...Assertion failed: (strcmp(uid, p->uid) != 0), function
pkg_conflicts_check_local_path, file pkg_jobs_conflicts.c, line 386.
Child process pid=2581 terminated abnormally: Abort trap

When I looked up how to handle this, the suggestion was to run 'pkg check
-s -a' and fix any reported problems, which I did by removing and
re-installing the package until 'pkg check' returned no problems.

But I am still seeing this issue.  I'm currently off in the weeds and would
like a lifeline please :-)

Patrick