FreeBSD Cert

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:48:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:36 AM Brandon helsley <
brandon.helsley at hotmail.com> wrote:

> How much experience is necessarry?
> I don't know anything about computers but got freebsd as a project to
> learn as much as possible. If I were to get involved does "teaching the
> ropes" at all possibly include learning other things like networking and
> possibly and hopefully learning how to port software?

A lot of times (but by far from all the time) porting requires at least
basic programming skills since you often need to find parts of the code
that are incompatible with FreeBSD and make them compatible (you then
include a patch for the work in the port files).