[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 12.0 end-of-life

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sat May 16 18:07:32 UTC 2020

On 19 Feb 2020, at 01:52, Ottavio Caruso via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
> To a beginner and uninitiated like me, the way FreeBSD labels
> "stable", "release", "releng" and "current" is, at the very least,
> confusing.

It might be sensible to have a prominent note along the lines of “If you are wondering what to run, -RELEASE is the answer.”

Because, really, anyone who wants stable or current should know why they do.

I agree the names are not the best.

--
"I can't see the point in the theatre. All that sex and violence. I
	get enough of that at home. Apart from the sex, of course." -