Microsoft Teams for Linux

Maciej Suszko maciej at suszko.eu
Tue May 12 11:16:03 UTC 2020

On 5/12/20 12:15 PM, Jerry wrote:

[ c u t ]

> I assume by 'Temas' you mean 'Teams'. Is that correct? If so, have you
> tried posting one of the MS Teams forums regarding this problem? I have
> already made a request that has receive some support for a FreeBSD
> specific version of Teams. The created one for at least Debian, so I
> assume they could do the same for FreeBSD.

Yes, my mistake of course... should be Teams. No, I haven't made any
requests to MS Teams - just saw lot of posts describing some sort of
problems and no solid workaround or solution.

> If you want, and can supply me with ALL the information,I would be
> happy to make a report for you. I am on the 'Edge Dev' beta team,and
> they LOVE to get info like this, especially edge cases like yours
> appears to be.

That's nice :) How may I help you? What kind of information would be
helpful to your team? If you wish, I can mail you on priv but I suppose
it would be better to do it on the mailing list.

> By the way, I share your dislike of 'wine'. If I am going to go to the
> trouble of running a pseudo OS environment, I might as well run the real
> one and get all of the benefits. That is why I would suggest a VM, but
> that is your choice.

I remember times using wine on Linux as the only option to have some
Windows apps running... I respect wine developers work but creating some
sort of portability layer between more than two operating systems is
really hard work and I think it's gonna be harder and harder to follow
all the changes in Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and all the operating systems
that the wine is supposed to run on.
--
regards, Maciej Suszko.