Microsoft Teams for Linux

Henrik Lidström freebsd at lidstrom.eu
Fri May 8 09:07:27 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-08 10:36, Maciej Suszko wrote:
> On 5/8/20 10:13 AM, Maciej Suszko wrote:
>> On 5/8/20 12:28 AM, Maciej Suszko wrote:
>>> On 5/7/20 10:01 AM, Henrik Lidström wrote:
>> [ c u t ]

>>> Thanks Henrik,
>>>
>>> I'll test this UA in a few hours - I used "Teams Phone Fix" addon to
>>> Firefox, but it suddenly stopped working. Microsoft deploys its apps
>>> partially - I can have some version, the person sitting next to me - the
>>> other... and of course - they can work differently :)
>>> Got the "User Agent Switcher" as well, beacuse O365 webmail looks like
>>> the old Squirrelmail using the original Firefox UA (I suspect they have
>>> some expressions looking for Mac, Linux and Windows - FreeBSD is out of
>>> the league).
>> Changing UA in Firefox does not work - video and audio does not work at
>> all - I can't see/hear anything, nobody can see/hear me.
>>
>>> The easiest way to confirm web rendering depends on UA is to observe
>>> Cam, Mic and "Download App" icons - one time they are grey, the other
>>> both are active or one only :)
>>>
>>> On Windows there is an option to make a Test Call within the Settings
>>> menu - I haven't seen that on "spoofed" browser yet.
>> Just tested latest chromium and I'm positively suprised - camera
>> working, audio working, even desktop sharing does work... probably
>> something has changed in the web application in Microsoft :) the
>> question is for how long.
> Unfortunately team video chat doesn't work - I can see all the
> participants, I can hear them, but they do not hear me - only video is
> working biderctional.

Hey! I also tried Chromium today (chromium-81.0.4044.129) since my
Firefox stopped working (we have meetings every day). And although the
sound is very choppy, almost everything seems to work. I could even see
a shared desktop for a while.
_However_, if I enable camera, my microphone seems to stop working. I
belive I had that issue in Firefox aswell, but then the microphone
started working after disabling camera. Today in chromium, it was
not functional after I disabled the camera.
So chromium without camera seems to work with choppy sound. Always
something =)

/Henrik