Brother HL-L2340D printer and lpd?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed May 6 15:10:27 UTC 2020

On Wed, 6 May 2020 18:03:01 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Kurt Hackenberg wrote:
> > On 2020-05-05 06:25, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> >
> > > ...or doing what I do to support a Brother inkjet and run a CUPS
> > > server under Linux (well actually a jail with a Linux userland) and
> > > CUPS clients on the FreeBSD boxes.
> >
> > There's a FreeBSD port for CUPS, so maybe you don't need to run part of
> > Linux just for that.
>
> Can CUPS be used/managed without GUI ?

Yes. You can use the CLI tools like lpadmin as well as their
suite of lpr, lpq, and lprm, combined with cupsenable and
cupsaccept for queue control.  Maybe (I never tested this!)
you can even use a text mode web broser to connect to the
config interface at localhost:631.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany