Brother HL-L2340D printer and lpd?

Victor Sudakov vas at sibptus.ru
Sun May 3 18:55:23 UTC 2020

Russell L. Carter wrote:

> I print to an HL-L2340DW by using CUPS to remotely print to
> a Debian CUPS that has it configured as a "driverless" printer:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/CUPSDriverlessPrinting

Is it connected to the Debian system as a local (USB) printer or a
networked printer?

Nevertheless, I don't want fancy graphics from it, I just need a line
printer to print out configs, logs and such. It comes as a surprise to
me that I would need "drivers" to print ascii text. It's something every
printer understands, including my first dot matrix Epson in 1992 or
something where you could print with "type file.txt > lpt1" in DOS.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/