NFS exports

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Mar 30 07:15:41 UTC 2020

On 29 Mar 2020, at 07:25, Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 06:39:54 -0600 "@lbutlr" <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>> /mnt/backups -alldirs [IP address of remote machine]
>>
>> bad exports list line '/mnt/backups': symbolic link in export path or
>> statfs failed
>>
>> df -Ph shows:
>> /dev/ada1p1    217G     89G    110G    45%    /mnt/backup
>
> I notice that you are exporting /mnt/backups but the mount is /mnt/backup. From the error message I speculate that /mnt/backups is a symlink to the actual mount point, change the export to match the mount and all should be well.

The extraneous ’s’ was the issue, but there was no /mnt/backups folder or symlink. Error message is really misleading; “/mnt/backups does not exist” would be much better.

<increases font size on my terminal>

--
I've never seen religious faith move mountains, but I've seen what it
	does to skyscrapers.