Jail, vnet, zfs, and iocage, networking setup

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 18:32:28 UTC 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to get vnet jails going on FreeBSD 12.1. I've set up jails
previously by setting up a cloned lo1 interface now i'd like to get
zfs, iocage, and vnet jails going. I've got a vps with a single
physical interface. I've got zfs working fine, and iocage is
installed. When I create a jail it has no network access at all. If I
set up a vlan can I then set up a bridge between the vlan and the
physical interface?

Does anyone have some notes on this? Google has shown results but most
with FreeBSD 11.x.

Thanks.
Dave.