A pfctl error: inline anchor '_2' already exists

Carlos Lopez clopmz at outlook.com
Mon Mar 16 10:09:43 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to solve a problem with pf on a FreeBSD 12.1 server but I cannot understand the problem.

I have this rule that's working without problems:

anchor inet from { $host1 $host2 $host3 } to (self) label "Allow access from $srcaddr to this host" {
        anchor proto tcp to port ssh {
                pass in
        }
}

But this one returns an error about “inline anchor '_2' already exists” and “syntax error”:

anchor inet from $host5 to (self) {
        anchor proto udp to port { sunrpc nfsd-status nfsd-keepalive nfsd lockd 974 } label "Allow access from $host  to self via $dstport/$proto" {
                pass in proto udp
        }
}

Any idea why? …