Technological advantages over Linux

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Mon Mar 16 09:25:41 UTC 2020

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:11:02 +0700
Victor Sudakov <vas at sibptus.ru> wrote:

> Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 13:38:18 +0700
> > 	There are several iocage, ezjail, cbsd, bsdploy, jest to mention
> > just a few. I find iocage suits my needs well enough.
>
> Oh, I've met an iocage person.

	Well sort of, I use iocage to manage a bunch of jails on my NAS box
but each one is a custom built server suiting my needs. I've never found a
use for community built images, they never seem to suit my needs.

> Steve, can iocage export thin provisioned images? If you publish an
> iocage image e.g. of a Moodle server, will it contain the whole
> underlying FreeBSD system within?

	iocage export produces an image with everything. There are iocage
plugins which are probably what you're looking for (but I've never used
them).

	https://iocage.readthedocs.io/en/latest/plugins.html

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>