Strange Thunderbird issue

D'Arcy Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Mar 13 14:21:06 UTC 2020

I am having a strange issue with Thunderbird 68.5.0_3 from ports.  All
users on the system experience it.  There is no menu bar or mail
toolbar.  When I right click on the tab bar I get the box to select
those but it only contains "Customize" and that does nothing.  The three
line menu also does not do anything.

The user home directories are NFS mounted.  If I move one user to the
local file system it then works properly for that user.

I would really like to leave the users on NFS as it allows them to share
workstations.  Has anyone else run into this issue?

I will ask on the Mozilla group too but this seems to be a FreeBSD/NFS
issue so far.

Thanks for any help.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.
IM: darcy at VybeNetworks.com, VoIP: sip:darcy at druid.net