Keyboard and mouse not working after X update

Per Hedeland per at hedeland.org
Mon Jun 1 20:06:35 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-01 20:56, Polytropon wrote:

> So at the moment, I have this (as explained in the documentation):
>
> In /boot/loader.conf:
>
> 	drm_load="YES"

Not saying that it will improve anything:-), but I believe you should
drop this - it will load /boot/kernel/drm.ko, which I believe is
causing the "This code is obsolete abandonware" message that you
reported earlier, and possibly other errors that you are seeing.

$ strings /boot/kernel/drm.ko | grep abandon
This code is obsolete abandonware. Install the graphics/drm-legacy-kmod pkg

> In /etc/rc.conf:
>
> 	kld_list="amdgpu"

This module is from the drm*kmod port/package, installed in
/boot/modules - I believe (at least this is the case with i915kms) it
will in turn cause /boot/modules/drm.ko (also from the port, and *not*
"abandonware":-) rather than /boot/kernel/drm.ko to be loaded -
provided that you haven't already loaded /boot/kernel/drm.ko...

--Per