Ask stupid questions and you'll get a stupid answers, was: Technological advantages over Linux

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sun Jul 26 14:56:14 UTC 2020

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 10:18:27 -0400
Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just tried it again on the other offending programs (libreoffice after a
> start of a copy/paste operation) and audio/deadbeef playing a 3 minute
> long mp3 and the same result (each program froze and/or core dumped).

	That sounds like a GTK issue (or GTK port issue), they're all GTK
applications. I've never had Firefox or LibreOffice smash even an 8GB
system into the ground but I don't use the latter much and I don't play
HTML5 games on the former. I have seen sites which cause Firefox to
steadily consume ever increasing amounts of memory, closing the tab usually
clears things up, sometimes closing the tab and restarting Firefox.

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun