Technological advantages over Linux

Victor Sudakov vas at sibptus.ru
Sat Jul 25 05:35:27 UTC 2020

Christos Chatzaras wrote:

> > Depends how you define "getting in the way." If the real work you want
> > to do is running multiple versions of PHP, for example, then FreeBSD's
> > packaging system does "get in the way."
>
> I use jails for multiple PHP versions and I prefer it this way because
> it's a neat method and keeps my main system "clean" from EOLed PHP
> versions.

Not necessarily EOLed. On FreeBSD you can't even have the supported
lang/php7{2,3,4} simultaneously which is nonsense and should not require
jails.

We can have multiple Python versions without jails, what's wrong with PHP?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/