Technological advantages over Linux

Victor Sudakov vas at sibptus.ru
Fri Jul 24 04:35:55 UTC 2020

hw wrote:

> You can add that NFS in FreeBSD is a catastrophy.  Bascially, you can only
> export whole file systems with permissions applying to the whole file
> system, and that practically makes NFS unusable.  That means
>

> 9. very limited NFS support in FreeBSD

My experience with NFS is rather limited. I use it to export filesystems r/o
with ISO images, music and such, nothing sophisticated that would
require granular permissions etc.

> Besides this, setting up NFS in FreeBSD is the opposite of user friendly.

Maybe ZFS+NFSv4 is better (did not try it myself though)?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/