ipfw on host and in vnet jail not working.

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 01:41:32 UTC 2020

Running ipfw with userland NAT on the 12.1 host and can ping a public ip
address and a fqdn with no problems.

But when I start a vnet jail using the bridge/epair method with no NAT
on the ipfw running inside of the vnet jail using 2 simple stateless
rules to let everything in and out. The same 2 pings as those that work
on the host do not work from the vnet jail. If I comment out the
ipfirewall statements in the vnet jails rc.conf thee the 2 pings work.

I sure would like to find out if this combo really works before I spend
more time trying to debug this problem. If you have this working please
let me know.

Thank you.