Setting up Wayland on FreeBSD

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Wed Jul 22 23:46:27 UTC 2020

Greetings All,

Well, I am making good progress with my new experiences in the FreeBSD
world and now it's time to get back on my project a bit.

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with setting up and using Wayland
and Weston, or some other compositor on FreeBSD?

I do not want to use X11 or Xorg at all and think that the real hardware
can support the DRM backend which is supposed to be pure Wayland and thus
keeping the graphics interface small.

In any case, the whole Wayland arena is a totally new experience for me but
I am going to investigate it to see if the whole setup can be smaller (from
a footprint size perspective) than using Xorg.

Cheers and have a great night,
Lonnie