Why mkdesktop works the way it does (Continued from "Re: FreeBSD (GhostBSD) Question?")

Don Wilde dwilde1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:53:03 UTC 2020

On 7/22/20 12:40 PM, Manish Jain wrote:
> On 2020-07-22 22:35, Pete Wright wrote:
>> Okay, so I bit. Manish, I started using your 'mkdesktop', but I
>> stopped. No matter what I do, it wants to give me all kinds of what
>> the Doze world calls 'accessories'.
>
> Hi Pete,
>
> I am sorry that you felt disappointed with your first blush with
> mkdesktop. As the writer, I think I can offer reasonable defence for
> the implementation.

Hi, Manish --

I think you did a great job at accomplishing your intent and it worked
flawlessly. It just wasn't what *I* wanted, and what I want isn't *your*
problem.

Personally, I think anyone who builds a port, especially something as
complicated as this, deserves high praise and I thank you for your
contribution to the community! :D

--
Don Wilde