Unmounting usb disk impossible

Morten Bo Johansen listmail at mbjnet.dk
Wed Jul 22 17:58:33 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-22 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> You did not write your mount statement .

I don't know what it is. It is automounted

> It seems that your umount statement is completely wrong .

> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=umount&sektion=8
> umount
>
> You are saying that
>
> "Unmount ALL of the mounted files in "fstab" .

No, that is not what I am saying. This is from man autofs:

    To unmount all mounted autofs filesystems:

           umount -At autofs

That was my command. And as you can see, it actually tries to
unmount the usb disk under /media - which is correct. It just
fails with this "device busy" error. I need to find out which
process is accessing the mount point.

Thanks,
Morten