Bluetooth

Vlad D. Markov dvoich at aim.com
Fri Jul 17 23:08:30 UTC 2020

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 17:27:02 +0200
Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd at foucry.net> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> Yes, I know? the subject.
>
> I can't use my $5 bluetooth mouse on my Lenovo X280 :-(
>
> OK, I can use my logitech wireless mouse, but it take me one usb port. :-(
>
> So, I there some good news comming with FreeBSD 13? 14? event 15?
>
> In fact it's annoying to see BT working out of box with Linux and not withhccontrol -n ubt0hci write_authentication_enable 1
# hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_authentication_enable
Authentication Enable: Enabled [1]
> FreeBSD.
>
> I don't want to blame any body. juste a feeling.
>
> --
> Jacques Foucry

I thought Bluetooth didn't work myself until I read an old web page (http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html) that had a few lines I did not see in the handbook.

They are in the section about "Pairing":

# hccontrol -n ubt0hci write_authentication_enable 1
# hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_authentication_enable
Authentication Enable: Enabled [1]

The thing I did incorrectly before that was not load the proper module to drive my bluetooth device. That was my mistake.

I am most pleasantly surprised to have BlueTooth working.

Vlad