Installing libreoffice

Doug Denault doug at safeport.com
Wed Jan 8 16:54:41 UTC 2020

It was time as my workstation was 10.3. It all went suprisingly easy. My only
issue was not with FreeBSD but rather with libreoffice. They the package
requires the version of MySQL they specify. The package installs mysql56-client.
Because MySQL server and client must match this will uninstall a non matching
version.

If you build the package the only way to avoid changing the installed version of
MySQL is to edit the Makefile. My question is can the package requirements be
chaged to accept the installed MySQL?. If the very least, I think the package
should list that MySQL will be replaced.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com