Technological advantages over Linux

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sat Feb 15 15:06:50 UTC 2020

> On Feb 15, 2020, at 5:19 AM, Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 11:58:40 +0100, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
>> Anno domini 2020 Sat, 15 Feb 11:48:34 +0100
>> Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-questions scripsit:
>>> A social dispute that might has got no impact regarding technology,
>>> but could be very important depending on the employer and/or
>>> customer.
>>>
>>> The Linux mascot is a political correct penguin, while the FreeBSD
>>> mascot offends several religious humans.
>>>
>>> Sorry, but I couldn't resist.
>>
>> OT, but anyway:
>> https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Examples_of_God_personally_killing_people
>> https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Examples_of_Satan_personally_killing_people
>
> I'm missing legal and rational evidence for the existence of {a,} God
> as well as the existence of Satan.
>
> Just assuming one or the other should exist, I'm also missing evidences
> for killing humans, that really existed, let alone that just way too
> many ring-the-bell-and-run-away tricks are already a no-go.

OT, but anyway:

One of well known science popularizers said once:

“I agree with everything that [Christian] religion says except for one thing. I agree that you shouldn't’ kill, shouldn’t steal, should be kind to others, etc. I disagree on this: [Christian] religion says that God created people, but I think it is other way around”.

I guess, we all got carried away from what started the thread; my apologies for adding to that deflection.

Valeri

Valeri Galtsev
Sr System Administrator
University of Chicago