EFI, UEFI, PXE: FreeBSD-12.1-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso boot from SAN device failed, error 0x7f22208e

Victor Sudakov vas at sibptus.ru
Tue Dec 29 03:42:14 UTC 2020

Dave Hayes wrote:
> > Was this happening over network (PXE boot) or from a physical medium
> > like USB drive/CD-ROM ?
>
> Actually both. However, this thread implied that the mfsBSD/ramdisk techniques
> did not work, and I wanted to provide a datapoint to the contrary.
>
> We have one installation which gets the ISO image over FTP and boots from that,

Can you please elaborate on that? Is this installation using UEFI or
legacy mode loader? What tools are used? pxelinux/memdisk or anything else?

> but it's probably not grabbing two separate images using loader.efi like you
> also suggest.

Well, grabbing two separate images using loader.efi almost works...  Almost.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/