(very OT) Ideal partition schemes (history of partitioning)

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Sun Aug 30 07:17:49 UTC 2020

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 08:58:48 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>I guess not many people really need a multi-boot with more than 3 or 4
>operating systems, that require a primary partition and not many
>private persons really need to store more than 2 TB/disk.
                                                ^^
                                                This should read "2 TB
                                                of data/disk"

2 TB are a lot and we could use 2 or more drives.

I can't comment on server farms, but we probably waste a lot of
resources to store selfie videos, showing people taking selfie photos.
Maybe all the useful data stored by one or the other server farm could
be stored even on a 1 TB drive. I suspect that most stored digital data
nowadays is nothing but digital waste.