Wayland on FreeBSD

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Apr 23 07:54:57 UTC 2020

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 03:44:17 -0400
Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> TL;dr; due to a royal F'up in basic storage system architecture Linux is
> unusable outside of data centers for any sort of cloud computing whereas
> FreeBSD doesn't even blink an eye in such environments.   So you tell me
> which one is more modern and useful?

	Linux supports NFS (since forever) and FreeBSD supports iSCSI
(since 10.0) - the problem you describe is very real but it isn't a
Linux/FreeBSD issue but what seems to be a very inappropriate use of iSCSI.

	For the record iSCSI originated with Cisco and IBM not Linux.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>