GPL, not freebsd should be rewritten based on microkernel architecture

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Wed Apr 22 05:25:22 UTC 2020

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 12:08:06 -0400
Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
> > Kevin (and others),
> >
> > Please, stop feeding the troll.
> >
> > Other mail lists will kick him long time up the thread already. This
> > list is too kind, and is being abused due to that. Stop helping the list
> > being abused.
> Sorry to ask a very naive question but since all I am doing is defending
> FreeBSD's choice of licenses and explaining (IMO) why it is right [to] make me
> a troll?

This is a common tactic by someone who disagrees with you but cannot pierce
your arguments and/or convince you of your wrongness. The goal is to get the
list to perceive you as "abusive" (by some arbitrary definition of abusive)
and hence this person "wins" by removing your ability to debate.

My advice is to ignore it and them.

Lately, I've been trying to convince people that convincing people of things is
futile...but for some reason that hasn't been successful. :)
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Nasrudin was sitting on a river bank when someone shouted to him
from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?"

"You -are- across!" Nasrudin shouted back.