Non-responsive mouse in FreeBSD virtual machine

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 12 04:51:26 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have a strange situation here. I am running a FreeBSD 12.1 amd64
virtual machine in VirtualBox.

Everything works fine in the vm, except that the mouse simply won't
respond to click/right-click in any desktop (gnome3/kde5/mate/xfce).
So I can't open up the apps menu, change desktop background, bring up a
terminal, anything else. The mouse just moves as expected and even
offers tooltips, but nothing happens with click/right-click.

Surprisingly, the mouse works fine in the default X window system twm.

How can I possibly get the mouse to work normally in a desktop environment ?

Thanks for any help.
Manish Jain