webcamd, IPEVO-Inc--IPEVO-Ziggi-HD-Plus -S unknown -M 0

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 13:15:11 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:44 PM Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:30:47 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > root at aceraspire:~ # service devd restart && webcamd -d ugen4.3 -v 0 &
> > [2] 2139
> > root at aceraspire:~ # Stopping devd.
> > Waiting for PIDS: 1929.
> > Starting devd.
> > Webcamd is already running for ugen4.3.0
> >
> > when I try to run cheese first it got that no devices found, then I get that
> > ``There was an error playing video from the webcam''
>
> Do you have webcamd entries in /etc/rc.conf?
>
> I had a comparable problem on FreeBSD 12.0-p10 where webcamd
> would not be started (and therefore not stopped or restarted)
> even though I had placed
>
>         webcamd_enable="YES"
>         webcamd_flags="-d ugen3.2 -i 0 -v 0"
>
> into /etc/rc.conf. I now start it "manually" via /etc/rc.local:
>
>         /usr/local/sbin/webcamd -d ugen3.2 -i 0 -v 0 &
>
> Now it works. :-)
>

> > Is there a way to get this to work?  I have changed
> > cuse4bsd_load="YES" and changed to
> > cuse_load="YES" in /etc/rc.conf and have looked at what was
> > recommended in the threads and it does not work.
>
> The entry
>
>         cuse_load="YES"
>
> belongs to /boot/loader.conf, _not_ to /etc/rc.conf, according
> to the documentation. Verify it has been loaded with "kldstat".
>
> I don't know if the package "cuse4bsd-kmod" has to be installed
> or not - in my case, it isn't. Maybe this just applies to older
> FreeBSD versions...
>

> > How can I get it to work?  I appreciate your help/suggestions.
>
> For refereence:
>
>         # webcamd -l
>         Available device(s):
>         [...]
>         webcamd [-d ugen3.2]
>                 -N GenesysLogic-Technology-Co---Ltd--HP-Webcam-101
>                 -S unknown
>                 -M 0
>
> This is a built-in webcam.
>
> I added my username per /etc/group to the "webcamd" group. I
> did not add any further permissions or device configurations.
>
> For testing, install the "pwcview" package and start webcamd
> manually as shown above. If the instance is running, /dev/video0
> (and maybe more) should be present. With no further options, run
>
>         % pwcview
>
> as a user, it should detect the appropriate video device on
> its own; if it doesn't ("problem of multiple inputs"), you can
> specify one:
>
>         % pwcview -d /dev/video0
>
> Usually the 1st one (here: 0) should work.
>
> So if _that_ works, any other program should work as well.
>
> See "man webcamd" and "man pwcview" for details. :-)
>

> --
> Polytropon
> Magdeburg, Germany
> Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
> Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

Dear Sir,

As always your help is very valuable and I have got it working.  I
applied your strategies
I corrected the cuse4bsd_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf and I
installed pcmview which
was the one which detects the document viewer.  I cannot get cheese to work but
I can manage with pcmview.  See below for what I did to check

cuse4bsd_load="YES"

is in /boot/loader.conf

root at aceraspire:~ # kldstat

Id Refs Address Size Name

1 58 0x800000 1ad6f60 kernel

2 2 0x22d7000 8ae4 libiconv.ko

3 1 0x22e0000 1310c fuse.ko

4 1 0x22f4000 a200 mmcsd.ko

5 1 0x2300000 dfa0 tmpfs.ko

6 1 0x230e000 b330 cuse.ko

7 1 0x231a000 3780 msdosfs_iconv.ko

8 1 0x231e000 4964 libmchain.ko

9 1 0x2323000 49fc coretemp.ko

10 1 0x14c00000 93000 i915kms.ko

11 1 0x14c93000 4e000 drm2.ko

12 4 0x14ce1000 7000 iicbus.ko

13 1 0x14ce8000 5000 iic.ko

14 1 0x14ced000 7000 iicbb.ko

15 1 0x14cf4000 15000 snd_uaudio.ko

16 1 0x14d09000 7000 uhid.ko

17 1 0x14d10000 7000 ums.ko

18 1 0x14d17000 42000 pf.ko

19 1 0x14d59000 4000 mac_ntpd.ko

root at aceraspire:~ # cat /etc/rc.conf

hostname="aceraspire"

#wlans_ath0="wlan0"

#if_urtw_load="YES"

#wlans_urtw0="wlan0"

#ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP"

#ifconfig_wlan0="ssid 12694037782909871625637890 DHCP"

#ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP"

ifconfig_ale0="DHCP"

sshd_enable="YES"

ntpd_enable="YES"

powerd_enable="YES"

# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable

dumpdev="AUTO"

dbus_enable="YES"

moused_enable="YES"

mixer_enable="YES"

#ip6addrctl_enable="NO" # new way to disable IPv6 support

#ip6addrctl_policy="ipv4_prefer" # Use IPv4 instead of IPv6

#ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="NO" # Do not automatically add IPv6 addresses

# powerd: hiadaptive speed while on AC power, adaptive while on battery power

powerd_enable="YES"

powerd_flags="-a hiadaptive -b adaptive"

# Synchonize system time

ntpd_enable="YES"

# Let ntpd make time jumps larger than 1000sec

ntpd_flags="-g"

# enable pf firewall

pf_enable="YES"

# print using lpd

lpd_enable="YES"

kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"

#cuse4bsd_load="YES"

#cuse_load="YES"

devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"

webcamd_enable="YES"

root at aceraspire:~ # pkg install pwcview

Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...

FreeBSD repository is up to date.

All repositories are up to date.

The following 3 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:

pwcview: 1.4.1_7

sdl: 1.2.15_14,2

aalib: 1.4.r5_13

Number of packages to be installed: 3

The process will require 3 MiB more space.

840 KiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y

[1/3] Fetching pwcview-1.4.1_7.txz: 100% 20 KiB 20.5kB/s 00:01

[2/3] Fetching sdl-1.2.15_14,2.txz: 100% 684 KiB 700.8kB/s 00:01

[3/3] Fetching aalib-1.4.r5_13.txz: 100% 136 KiB 139.1kB/s 00:01

Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)

[1/3] Installing aalib-1.4.r5_13...

[1/3] Extracting aalib-1.4.r5_13: 100%

[2/3] Installing sdl-1.2.15_14,2...

[2/3] Extracting sdl-1.2.15_14,2: 100%

[3/3] Installing pwcview-1.4.1_7...

[3/3] Extracting pwcview-1.4.1_7: 100%

=====

Message from aalib-1.4.r5_13:

--

===> NOTICE:

The aalib port currently does not have a maintainer. As a result, it is

more likely to have unresolved issues, not be up-to-date, or even be removed in

the future. To volunteer to maintain this port, please create an issue at:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla

More information about port maintainership is available at:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/contributing/ports-contributing.html#maintain-port

=====

Message from sdl-1.2.15_14,2:

--

Your SDL library has been built with libvgl support, which means that you

can run almost any SDL application straight on your console (VESA 2.0

compatible videocard is required).

To do this you have to load the vesa kernel module or enable it in your

kernel, and set environment variable "SDL_VIDEODRIVER=vgl".

root at aceraspire:~ #

root at aceraspire:~ # /usr/local/sbin/webcamd -d ugen4.3 -i 0 -v 0 &

[1] 1811

root at aceraspire:~ # Webcamd is already running for ugen4.3.0

[1] Exit 1 /usr/local/sbin/webcamd -d ugen4.3 -i 0 -v 0

root at aceraspire:~ #

olivares at aceraspire$ pwcview -d /dev/video0

Webcam set to: 320x240 (sif) at 5 fps

I shall try again to make cheese work, but for now it is one that
should work, or try kamerka again.

Best Regards,

Antonio