Installation image size for CD exceeds media size

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Nov 30 22:03:47 UTC 2019

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:47:42 +0100, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 8:08 PM Polytropon wrote:
> > > I just guess this may be used on SMALL / MINI DVD+RW disks used in
> > > camcorders, or small "business card" disk, they have around
> > > 1.25..1.5GB capacity, I used them quite often because they are pretty
> > > reliable (can live several years when carried everyday in a backpack),
> > > smaller in size, rewritable (can use up-to-date contents when it shows
> > > up on the same disk), and twice capacity of CeDeROM disks..
> >
> > Never saw those in reality here... :-)
>
> Look look you can get a sealed 5 pack for EUR 5.99 on eBay.de they are
> really cool like 80's futuristic cyberpunk optical disks with
> gigabytes (!!!) of capacity..

Remembers me to MiniDisc (MD) - smaller than today's 5.25"-oriented
optical media, comes in protective case, and is R/W. If I could have
_that_ form factor with a reasonable capacity for today, that would
be great. :-)

sizes: 8" -> 5.25" -> 3.5" -> 5.25" again

Yes, I know even 3" disks existed, I have one sitting on the shelf
above my head, becasue I'm a living museum. :-)

Oh, and a Mac Mini is about the size of a standard 5.25" DVD drive
unit for PCs. :-)

> and remember that current Atari 5.25"
> disks are 160KB single sided and barely anyone owns a disk drive
> anyway here in Eastern Europe behind the Iron Curtain so we quite
> often share a software directly over a public FM radio broadcasts to
> store them on our CC/MC cassette streamers.. mmmm old good times :-)
> :-) :-)

I'm old enough to remember that - oh, and of course I have the
required hardware in working condition. You can easily imagine
how _disappointing_ it is to own hardware that is several decades
old and works like new, while seeing hardware not older than a
few years break down without the ability of diagnostics or repair.

OK

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany