Sending Tcsh to packages/ports ...

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Mar 29 03:04:17 UTC 2019

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 07:36:49 +0530, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> Couldn't you have simply done;
> ls -lh *csh
> instead?
> Also you can see they are the same binary.

No, because -l doesn't provide the information about the inode
(which is the same), and -h only affects the size display. You
can see they are the same size (minus unit conversion and rounding,
of course!), but you cannot conclude they are of the same content,
not can you conclude that they are actually the same file, which
means, only _one_ inode.

You need the -i option to examime the inodes, and to properly
conclude that csh and tcsh are hardlinked.

> Doesn't matter that it is small, why have stray stuff lying around?

I wouldn't call the C shell a stray shell yet. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany